Thursday, November 6, 2008

I figured it out

Typed: It takes me about 4 hours to meet the NaNoWriMo word count daily. One page takes about an hour, so I usually have four typed pages daily.

Work takes up 9 hours. Driving 1 hour. Cleaning up in the morning and night 2 hours total (not including showering). Waking up 1/2 - 1 hour. 1-2 hours at the Library. Dinner is about 1 hour. 8 hours-ish of sleep nightly.

All of this does not include taking care of my puppy loves or time I spend with friends.

I only have 2 hours to write on weekdays. Only half of NaNoWriMo's daily requirement to reach the month's wordcount deadline.

Is it scary that I've broken down and calculated my time? I think I've gone crazy. Yup.

6 comments:

  1. LOL - you're too funny. I guess if you look at it that way there IS no time! Hang in there sweetie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm trying really hard to hang in there but all this not typing is making is making my hands slippery from sweat.
    Thanks so much and I hope to see you soon! *hugs* I try for at least an hour or two each day, but I know for sure I won't make the word count. *pouts*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw! Big hugs. You can set your own personal word goal. You don't have to hit 50,000. Aim for something that you feel is reasonable with the time you have available. Don;t get too stressed out. This is supposed to be fun, right? Right??!!??! (I'm still trying to convince myself of that.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Shannon. I've decided that if I can manage 500 a day, it's already a plus because I'm writing everyday so far. :D

    I know! Wasn't this supposed to be about having fun? This isn't fun?!?!! It's stress O_o

    ReplyDelete