Wednesday, November 19, 2008

stray thought

Why do women often choose their husband over their children? I know a lot don't, but somehow, people make choices that even as I understand the psychology behind it; the logic and realities of these choices are so obviously NOT good for anyone.

I donno. Am very conflicted.

Sometimes, ignorance really may be bliss. Or at least, denial makes the surface normal while creates a great festering wound that slowly poisons the very life it provides. Nothing less but a hollow shell infecting and consuming everything around.

I have a fav. phrase lately...'sucking the life out of______'. I wasn't even thinking vamps either. Hahaha.

Now I'm kinda regretting not writing that horror. I do that next. Maybe...

8 comments:

  1. Sucking the life out of my WIP that has taken over my life?
    O_O

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL...

    Sucking the life out of my bank account!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Teehee.

    Sucking the life out of this chocolate bar.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Are you reading a book where the woman chooses the man over the kids or are you talking about someone in real life? And why would they do that? IDK

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tracy - A bit of both. In books, I usually see it in the "mother" of whichever character. In real life, I'm seeing it quite a lot. I don't quite understand myself.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Now that I think about it there are a few books that I've read that have the moms choosing their men over their kids. Those are incredibly selfish, insecure people IMO, but that's just me. I don't recall seeing it with the heroines in any books I've read though - it's always part of the horror/background of the person as they grew up.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Upbringing and beliefs. It's Biblical to choose one's spouse over one's children.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Tracy- Yup. Lots of books and people like that out there. It's just so complicated yet simple. I donno. It makes me feel all conflicted. >_< Maybe I need to switch books to read. ^_~

    JenB- Good point.

    ReplyDelete