Monday, December 8, 2008

Bookworm Award

Ms. Nalini Singh tagged me with the Bookworm Award, how could I resist? ^_~ Thank you, Ms. Nalini!

Here's how it works: Open the book closest to you, not your favorite or most intellectual book, but the book closest to you at the moment, to page 56. Write out the fifth sentence, as well as two to five sentences following there.

He kisses me. It is a deeper kiss than what I gave him, and I am taken off guard by the slow heat of it, the pleasure. I am unfamiliar with intimcay, but my body responds as though born to it. I rise up against the Minotaur, clutching his back.

Tagged to play this:
Amy
Ana from Booksmugglers (I felt if I added Thea too, that would be cheating, like getting a two for one deal. >_<)
Carolyn Jean
Katie G
Katie Reus

Edit: Someone *coughCJcough* was wondering about what clip this came from. It's actually one of the stories in an anthology (I know, I know, I'm not big on them usually).

Minotaur in Stone by Marjorie M. Liu in Hotter Than Hell. This was the short story that inspired my little clay figure.

There are a few interesting stories in there, but this was one of my favorite. What's even more facinating, you never learn the heroine/narrator's name. Nor the Minotaurs real name. And, crazy enough, it had 3 sex scenes. I was rather shocked to see that in such a short amount of pages.

One of the other stories I really enjoyed was To Die For by Keri Arthur. That one had 2 scenes.

I seriously have no idea how authors do it. I'm having hard enough of a problem trying attempt at sexual tension in my stories.

Hope everyone's doing well. :)

9 comments:

  1. : D!

    yay, tagged!

    I will post mine over the weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Teehee, looking forward to yours. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whoa, what is that sentence from? Okay, tagged! Yikes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woo, shall I make a game out of this? What should be the prize? Hmmmm...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for tagging me! I'll be adding mine shortly :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Okay, I need the next two cartoons to run together, and then I'm doing it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. CJ- Take your time. I wouldn't miss your comics of anything, much less these little tag games. ^___~

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey, you never said what the book is!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, hahaha. You're right. I edit now.

    ReplyDelete