Sunday, December 4, 2011

December!

Happy Holidays Everyone!
Yes, I'm alive. :)
It's already into deep winter and the air has definitely been chilly.

How is everyone doing? Well, I hope. :)

As for myself, let's just say I failed NaNoWriMo. It has been crazy lately which I will get into a crazy rant at some point.

Anyhoo~ As the cute little banner states, there was a Pet Adoption Fair again and I definitely went. Not really to adopt (since I'm not sure if I'll be ready...still miss my babies), but I wanted to look for some chance to volunteer. As a fun event, I thought to bring my mother. Errr...terrible mistake.

All those cute little animals of various ages, the sight caused my mom to cry...the whole time. She was so sadden by the sight, no matter what I said, she just wouldn't leave and kept crying. I completely agree that it's a terrible fact people do horrible things and treat animals poorly, but these were people helping. Mom was just too heartbroken by the fact so many animals were in cages and she couldn't stand the fact they'd be in such states. Oh my dear mother, it'll be alright.

So, I only got lists of organizations I shall look into for volunteer opportunities in the future, but it's the best place to start.

I have read a few books and I'm scared for writing the reviews since my opinion probably differ from the general public. Lol. Soon though. After a month of my crazy crappy/no-writing nonsense, it's back to the swing of things. :)

Hopefully, I'll have some news for everyone. In the meantime, please keep warm and stay healthy!

xoxox

3 comments:

  1. Hey there!
    Aw, don't beat yourself up over NaNoWriMo. Just keep writing. :)

    Maybe your mom would be willing to be a foster giver for kittens between rescue and adoption? Rescue agencies are always looking for volunteers like that.

    Trying to keep warm here. Nights and early mornings when I leave for the gym are now upper 20s and days inch up to mid to low 40s. Yikes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi hi! I'm trying to tell myself that, but the results are just not good. So many distractions! >_<

    I told mom that, but she said she's not up to it. I am though, so hopefully once I moved out sometime next year, I can do something like that. :)

    Woo, stay warm! Did snow hit yet? You're incredible, gymming when it's so cold. Brrrr.

    ReplyDelete
  3. No snow yet. Driving to the gym when it's cold is no big deal ... it's the biking in temps below 45 that's so cold! Brrrr!

    ReplyDelete