Friday, June 29, 2012

Busy busy June

It has been a month and I have yet to sit my ever increasing mass down and typed out anything. Not only am I going through a horrible reading funk, I'm going through some major lack of brain functionality. Like, no creativity at all.

First, a few updated.

I did go to the Super Pet Adoption day. It was awesome as always. This time, a friend joined and she has now fallen under the spells of puppy love. Lol. Nothing like a tiny soft warm fuzzy puppy napping in you hands but with its head nestled between your bosom to flood a person with love. Sadly, Mr. old guy still objects to having dogs saying we cannot have a dog yet. Sure, he can't, but I totally can.

Instead, I started volunteering at the local shelter. It has been a lot of ups and downs, but I'm very lucky that this particular shelter is well funded enough that they rarely put down any animal and are able to go to their sister shelters around to take animals and help them out. Most of the time, I just walk very unruly dogs, but it's great. They sometimes pee on me and I have to pick up their poop all the time. It's really bitter sweet to see them go, but happiness tends to win out. The hardest is to leave them and worrying about their fate sometimes. And nothing makes a day better than being licked to death by puppies. Although sometimes they do nibble a little too much.


My sister came to visit and she brought her and her hubby's pet tortoise. It is still a little baby (a little over a year old) so it gets scared very easily. It took a while, but I was able to feed it a little lettuce. My parents also rather enjoyed the little thing. We were always a family full of animals and pets everywhere. This is one of the first years when we had none and I think all of us missed the feeling. Seriously, we used to have chickens, dogs, fishes, birds. At one time, goats too, but that was when I was really little and lived in another country. My parents had fun. I definitely did. Ah, the little joys in life.

The garden is looking semi-good. I tried to grow a few more things this season and decided on those mini sprouting greenhouses. A little on the pricy side, but surprisingly useful. Almost all the plants sprouted. The few that didn't probably had to do more with the seeds. I ran out of pots and really need some gardening room. And the bugs keep eating my plants, especially the sunflowers. Currently, only two survivors (donno for how long) out of goodness knows how many I tried to plant.

Ok - onto the complaining. So, if you're busy or bored, please tune out. It is totally ok since I really just want to freestyle complain in hopes of organizing my brain.

I've also developed a skill. This highly awesome ability to continually put my foot in my mouth under any circumstances.

It goes back to I have these thoughts in my head, but I can't seem to get them out right. Or I write/say something and it comes out sounding insulting when I really did not meant it that way. This makes me want to go back to the time when I never said anything and people thought I was some doormat. At least I wasn't hurting people unintentionally or sounding like completely zombie. Not sure how though since I can't seem to shut off my mouth! Ugh!

I am in a bad pit of something and I don't know what it is. Need to read something stimulating. Or watch something inspiring. With happy stuff. All of them. I donno. Thank goodness it's Friday. I can at least try to rest in, even though I know it is futile. And yes, I'm caving and will look into an ereader soon.

4 comments:

  1. This time, a friend joined and she has now fallen under the spells of puppy love. Lol. -- That's ME!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely you! I just really mentally kicked myself afterwards since I didn't take any pictures! I really wish I had. If you saw your face when that puppy was napping on you - :D You looked so happy. I can't wait until we get doggies. Bliss...

      Delete