Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Foot progress

This is karma or something. I have twistef my ankle several times before in my life, but out had never been this painful and bad. Just look at it!  How is my entire for purple, green and completely swollen?

Old Man has been taking good care of me, but he cannot help but keep taking pictures everyday. While laughing about how the swelling either looks like a giant meatball or how my foot more resembles a piggy foot dish.  Always good related.

Nothing like realization of human frailty like physical incapacitation. I am so useless right now.  Can't even get myself a cup of hot water much less a couple of snacks.  I did a lot of crawling and I realized, babies have out tough! No wonder the moment they learn how to walk they just take off with no sign of ever stopping.  Crawling just ain't all its cracked up to be.  Walking is so much better.  That or those electric wheelchairs. Lol.

It actually has not been all that bad. I just lost a lot of my upper body strength these past few years as I sat at a desk job.  It also didn't help my sense of balance also went right out the door. Being on one leg and crutches has been giving me a heck of a work out and some time to think.

Ok, back to hobbling.  Come on body!  Get better soon!

4 comments:

  1. OMG - Your foot isn't supposed to be those colors! That looks so amazingly painful! I can't believe you didn't break something. You must have some really strong bones.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't even think my foot could be in that many colors and it's already been 5 days since it happened!

      It was seriously one of the most painful experiences ever and I'd sprained my foot twice before. Nothing compared to this. I was so very surprised too that nothing broke or fractured. You're right, I probably do have strong bones, now that I think about it. The pain kind of dumbed me down. lol

      Delete
  2. Ouch, it looks painful!! Is it better now?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not as swelled up as before, but still swollen and bruised. On crutches for another week or so. Bleh.

      Delete