Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Jeannie Lin ebook My Fair Concubine

You know, I didn't exact hide this fact, but it might be best to just opening lay it. I have great obsessive love admiration for Jeannie Lin's books.  Her stories have been so awesome.  My Fair Concubine didn't single-handedly pull me out of my past I-don't-know-how-long-of-a-black-holed-slump, but it was the major contributor.

My fellow ebook readers, guess what? It's on sale at amazon right now for $1.99 until the end of September!  Perfect time to sample this awesome author.  One week left!

Go get it! What are you waiting for? 

It sounds crazy, but I really want Jeannie Lin to write wuxia romance novel. OMG, I've been daydreaming about it for quite some time.  I mean, seriously.  I'd been waiting for a good solid wuxia novel in English for quite some time.  As much as I love my translated novels, I know too much get lost during the translation.  Plus, a lot of words, phrases, and characters could really be up for interpretation.

Jeannie Lin has written one of the most intricate work that I've read in recent memory.  The world was so vivid, the description so beautiful, and not at any moment did I feel things were too Westernized or Orientalized.  Yeah, that second one isn't a word, but do you get my meaning?  The Dynasties and time periods, the backdrops - everything was so wonderfully written and so thoroughly researched you may as well walk down the halls of ancient China.  At no point did I feel like I was being lectured with info dumping, and I never felt it was made to be exotic or just a wallpaper-world.



I love it so much, I have two hard copies of everything.  One for reading and one for keeps.
I have received ARCs for The Sword Dancer (wuxia galore!!! <~only in my mind) and The Lotus Palace so I only bought one copy after it came out, but My Fair Concubine was all mine.  I bought both on my own.  Good thing too since my reading copy is falling apart.

Yeah...I have a problem. Ahem.

I want Jeannie Lin wuxia novels!

2 comments:

  1. It'd be cool if she would... Like perhaps as a fantasy romance. She could even mix in fairies and Chinese magic (you know, the red writings on yellow pieces of paper LOL).

    I need to read her books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Omg, that would be awesome!! I was just thinking about wuxia novels, but yeah! Fairies, vixens, and magic. Omg omg.

      When you have time, you should give her try - except her old stuff is on ebooks now. Lol. It's just nice to have some Asian historical without it being all "otherly oriental" do you know what I mean?

      Delete